Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gossip » Julie Bowen Covers More Magazine September 2011

Julie Bowen Covers More Magazine September 2011 | julie bowen 

Fresh off of her big win at the 63rd annual Emmy Awards, Julie Bowen adorns the cover of the September 2011 issue of More magazine.

The "Modern Family" actress partook in an extensive interview with the publication, as she dished on a wide range of topics including her hit ABC comedy, life as a mother of twins and not being a part of Hollywood's "in crowd".

Highlights from Julie's interview are as follows. For more, be sure to visit More magazine!

On the glorification of motherhood:
“At the time I only had one kid, but with two on the way, I was always hearing talk about golden mystical baby things and precious time. And I was like, ‘Who the fuck are you talking to?!’ This isn’t golden and mystical. If you could see me naked, you would weep. I weep on a regular basis. Children are like crazy, drunken small people in your house.”

On not wanting twins and not having in- vitro:
“I was terrified. I did not want twins as a second go-around. I should have been much more cautious. I should have had . . . half sex?” On top of her emotional reaction, she recalls endlessly fielding questions from those who assumed the twins had resulted from in vitro fertilization. “Everybody asked me, ‘How many did you put in?’ and I’d be like, ‘Just one penis. Thanks!”

On Phil Dunphy:
“This is a man who lives in Utah. In this industry, most people are committed to Hollywood or Beverly Hills or Malibu. This is a man who is committed to Utah. He is also the scariest person I’ve ever worked with because he’s so good that you don’t know what is going to come out next.”

On her role as Claire Dunphy:
“I really related to this woman. It was like, ‘You’ve just got to get it done.’ It doesn’t mean she doesn’t love her family. She wasn’t getting condemned [by the script] as a bad mother. This was the lead mom, and she wasn’t romanticizing parenthood.”

On not being a part of Hollywood’s in-crowd:
“Hollywood is nothing but every prom queen and cute girl in America. People like to pigeonhole blondes as the cute girl next door. I was never good at that. I was always better once they let me be a bit acerbic or have just a touch of a dark side.”

On her real last name:
“I had this idea that I would probably fail and that would be Julie Bowen’s problem and I’d just bury her and go back to being Julie Luetkemeyer.”

On being nanny-free on the weekends:
“I have three kids. I should know how to take care of them. Nonetheless, TGIF soon lost its shimmer. “We’d be like, ‘Here comes Saturday. It’s going to be a long-ass weekend.’ All we did was poop patrol for 48 hours. When Monday would come, we’d be like, ‘Thank God.’”

On getting her big break:
“I always thought I was lucky to work at all. I’m keenly aware of the odds of succeeding in our business “Honestly, I feel like a lot of times, the only really bad choice you can make is one that closes doors. I have good relationships with the people in my life, both professionally and personally. If I wanted to chuck it all tomorrow and move to Michigan and live on a farm, I could do that—and I don’t think anybody would be mad at me.”

On her proud moment:
“I’m constantly shocked that I am successfully taking care of this family and that I’m capable of putting their needs in front of mine. I don’t think I could have done it in my twenties.” “Why is ‘good’ the enemy?” she asks “Why push it past good?”

Julie Bowen Covers More Magazine September 2011 | julie bowen 
Julie Bowen

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates